Wednesday, December 08, 2004

2004 Sales Night

Every year in December, there will be a party for all the people in the Sales Department where I work. Some dumb ass local customers/agents will also be invited to this party. This occassion was supposed to be for all the sales staff as a show of appreciation from the managers of each sales division. There's where some of the funds to organize this party come from. Each manager will pay a pre-determined $$$ set by the sales night committee depending on his or her position. The committee chairman of this event is selected by the Sales GM sometime in June/July and his/her role will be to form the organising committee, plan and execute this so-called "party". Whether it's gonna be a great party or not is another question. From past experience, you can't please all of them and the organising committee especially the chairman will always be the center of criticism after the event for not doing this or for not doing that....blah blah blah...

I was pursuaded by the chairman to help him carry out this event this year. I unwillingly offered him a hand. What was I thinking? The organising committee consists of 4 sales staff including myself. One reason why he selected me was because last year's chairman already left the company and I was the organising chairman 2 years ago. I had to dressed up as "ah lian" and do a strip show to entertain those monkeys 2 years ago. Is this the kind of appreciation we get?? Work for them for one year and then organise a party for them and make them laugh their ass off by doing a strip show?

The Annual Sales Party for this year will be held in E&O hotel this coming Saturday but I don't look forward to it. I would not be attending if I wasn't involved. I just hate some of the people who gives me so much shit everyday! Seeing them in the office everyday is more than enough...still have to face them in the coming Saturday evening is simply unbearable. Since I have no choice but to attend, I guess it's a good excuse for me to wallop a couple of jugs of beer and find a place to adjourn to after that for more drinking.

2 Comments:

Blogger lucia said...

heh. i can understand how you feel. esp. if we don't get along with our colleagues/boss or the working environment is not good, we wouldn't want to meet our colleagues in some social gathering.

what? you did a striptease show 2 years ago for your company? no kidding? haha. that's funny. sorry for laughing. you were forced to do it?

3:26 PM  
Blogger ks said...

It's like a tradition each year where the organising chairman or chairlady is supposed to do something "funny" to sort of entertain the Sales folks and guests. When I was the chairman, my committee suggested a strip tease show and I tot ...wtf... that should be pretty easy. No need to practice or rehearse cos I would just do it spontanesously there and then. Of cos the committee and I did spent like 30 minutes to see my "strip" show one day before the party to give some comments. And I got pics to proof!

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home