Monday, July 10, 2006

I work too, you know?

So, I was in NY the other week and let me tell you it was all work, work and more work.

Over 20 hours in the air from Penang transitting in Singapore, Frankfurt and then finally landing in JFK in Queens. I flew by SQ. The flight was full and I couldn't even get an aisle seat for the long haul flights. The flight to NY was uneventful. I was pretty much stoned throughout and managed several quick naps.

Upon arrival in Frankfurt, all passengers continuing their journey to NY had to disembark the aircraft for the so-called security checks. Everyone had to get off the plane with all the hand carry bags and re-checked in for a one and a half hour security check before flying to United States.

After another 9 hours of flying, I finally reached JFK. Cleared immigration without a problem and collected my baggage.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

At the arrival gate, as expected, a limo was waiting for me. The limo service was arranged by the NY office. Chatted with the driver who is from Hong Kong but emigrated to the States for nearly 10 years.

Traffic was pretty smooth as it was Sunday when I arrived. It took about 30 minutes from JFK to mid town Manhattan. Checked into The Roosevelt Hotel, dropped my bags and immediately off I went exploring NY.

Let me tell you. Hotels in Malaysia are better. At least you get complimentary drinks, welcome drinks or cocktails after checking in or a bottle of mineral water in the room. Here, a bottle of mineral water from the hotel is like US$9. Anyway... what the heck, "ah kong" paid for the US$210 per night hotel for me so I had to pay a little for my own food and drinks lah from "ah kong's" allowance :)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

First destination, Times Square. 15 minutes walk from the hotel. The weather was just like home. Hot, humid. Passed by 5th Avenue on the way to Times Square. Loitered around for a hour or so and then headed back to hotel. By then, jet lag started to set in.

Had very light snack for dinner and slept like a baby and got up at 6am the next morning.

Met Tara at the lobby on Monday and went to her office. From then onwards, it was all work... Nyah... who would wanna read this?

2 Comments:

Blogger 5xmom.com said...

I read all! 'Cos I was waiting for something to happen but so boring, all work only.

6:34 PM  
Blogger KEF said...

me -)

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home