Saturday, July 03, 2004

This morning on the way to work I saw a BMW breakdown in front of PCGHS (that's Penang Chinese Girls' High School). It looked like a 5 or 7 series. They passengers of the car were so embarrassed cos their luxury vehicle dissapointed them. Usually, I dont see luxury cars like Merc, BMW...etc breakdown. I can imagine how they felt when the car died on them right in the middle of a busy street on a nice Saturday morning.

I too had my fair share of problems with my Iswara. In fact, my car would not start twice after my lectures due to some problem with the car battery. Had to push start it once. On the 2nd occasion, it decided to come back to live only after a few serious spanking - literally - on the battery compartment. The last encounter I had with this car/junk was when I was driving home in the evening. Just as I was entering Vale of Tempe heading home the car started to lose power. After 10 seconds, the engine died and I began to smell something burning coming from the engine bay. The burning smell was actually coming through from the air con vent. Opened the trunk and went about checking on the engine to see what went wrong as if I was a pro at fixing cars. After 5 seconds or so (I had no idea what went wrong) jumped in the car and decided to start the car again but with the air con off. Car can start and slowly drove back home. Sent car to mechanic to get air con fixed the next day. Other problems I had with this car so far are

1) Odometer not working
2) Air con not cold
3) Back lights also function as aquarium
4) Door in driver seat cannot close properly

the list goes on...

What can I say for a 37k car which is about 6 years old... or is this the quality of Malaysian cars? My car has travelled over 250,000 km or maybe more cos odometer is fwacked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home