Sunday, May 08, 2005

Life in a high rise apartment

My new place is about 80% ready. It's on schedule but I am feeling rather uneasy now. There is something that is making me kinda nervous. I guess this feeling comes about coz I've never lived in a high rise apartment in my entire life. My new place is on the 17th floor. It's a 31 storey apartment. That's a pretty high rise apartment I reckon.

You see, I've been living in a house all my life except for about a year when I was studying in KL. But then again, I stayed in the ground floor of a relatively low apartment, only 5 stories high to be exact.

For a first, parking my car and getting into an apartment is something I need to get used to. I will have to park in the specified parking lot, then walk to the lift lobby and take the lift to my floor then walk some more to my unit. Presently, I simply park my car in front of the house and just needed to skip a couple of steps to get into the house. I am already starting to think of the inconvenience I will soon face after getting grocery from Tesco by the trolley load!

That is just one of the many inconveniences I have to get used to. Others include waiting for the lifts, living very close to other dwellers, sharing the same facilities like pool, gym...etc etc etc. I don't like to wait for the lift. What happens if I get a serious tummy upset all of a sudden inside the lift? Damn... that's the way of life of modern living.

4 Comments:

Blogger KEF said...

Eeeks, do what Mike does :D

Squeeze your butt cheeks! TIGHT!

6:49 AM  
Blogger 5xmom.com said...

You worry wart!

But here are some of the 'what ifs':
* raining (this morning my place almost flood)
* earthquake
* earthquake
* earthquake
* earthquake
* earthquake
* earthquake
* earthquake
* earthquake
* earthquake

6:54 PM  
Blogger ks said...

kef - Cannot fight force with force. It will "pancut" out if the angle is wrong!

5xmom - Most of the trunk roads were flooded this morning. Looks like I worry about the little things but not the big things...

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look on the bright side

I live on the 20th floor.

Windy. Cool. Nice view.

But when earthquake come, I got to walk 20 floors down. You only walk 3 floors less than me :P

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home