Thursday, April 28, 2005

Pls build a 2nd bridge

I left office quite early yesterday at approx half past 5. Well, what do you know? I was caught in a massive jam immediately after turning into the highway heading towards the bridge toll from Prai Free Industrial Zone 1.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

You can see the facilities of IOI Oleochemical in the background. If you could please imagine how far this jam has already stretched to now?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Apparently, all the highways, byways and whatever lorongs leading to the bridge from Prai were in a bumper to bumper situation. Phew! I was lucky, I had earlier gone to relieve myself before I hopped into my car for my journey home. Tell me how many of us actually keep a plastic bag in our car all the time?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It took me almost one hour to get to the toll booth.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is the time to build another bridge. There is no better time than now. Who knows how long it will take to complete the 2nd bridge? 5 years? 10 years? Another recession will definitely halt the project when it's half done.

%^#^@%!!!! Need I say more?

9 Comments:

Blogger Papi said...

they already spent RM80Mil to renovate that leaky parliament ler, so no more money already...

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last time i heard that they want to build an underground tunnel from butterworth to penang, but didn't know what happen to the project later.

I undestand the frustration, especially during 5 pm when the traffic on the bridge from Prai to Penang is so heavy.

10:23 AM  
Blogger lucia said...

traffic jam during peak hours is normal. if no peak hours, traffic at the bridge is normal... or even empty like the picture here:
http://www.malvu.org/malvu/index.php/pictures/1570

only when there is 'chronic congestion' (http://www.thestar.com.my/news/list.asp?file=/2005/4/20/focus/10729493&sec=focus), then a 2nd link should be build.

mrkiasu,yep, that was one and the same 2nd link actually. they call it 'chunnel' - tunnel across the channel. initially that was the idea when they proposed a 2nd link, but later on they dropped this underground tunnel idea but still hold on to the 2nd link idea.

11:59 PM  
Blogger lucia said...

sorry. the links were broken. here they are again (breaking them up):


http://www.malvu.org/malvu/
index.php/pictures/1570

http://www.thestar.com.my/
news/list.asp?file=/2005/
4/20/focus/10729493&sec=focus

12:07 AM  
Blogger ashotiwoth said...

luckily my wife dun work in Prai anymore... one less headache...

still, i wished they built the 2nd bridge!

3:08 PM  
Blogger kljs said...

Yeah, sometimes I avoid going to Penang during peak hours. Damn jam at the Penang Bridge...they should really just build the 2nd bridge......sure got people use one.....

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, feel great to c the photos u posted ler, the traffic jam is bad to u, but I miss any photos about Butterworth, Penang... I am from Butterworth, & worked in Prai (Solectron), but now I live in Poland since last year after married, miss home... ><~~

2:26 PM  
Blogger reallybites said...

eh y ur pics take so long to load wan??some plp are still using dial up u know =p btw after 5pm,avoid using the bridge.hahaha.if im in the mainland,i usually cabut 10 minutes before 5.if not,sure get stuck for 2 hours on the bridge.

1:45 AM  
Blogger letti said...

wow, that's one major jam.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home