Sunday, August 28, 2005

Special Merdeka post

This year's Merdeka Day is probably a little bit special for the online communities in Malaysia, specifically for bloggers. A special online project called The Merdeka Blogger Project has been erected attempting to capture the spiritual meaning of Merdeka Day online via blogging. This project is reported in The Star newspaper today.

Another creative way suggested by one prominent blogger is to post in our national language for a day. Well, I have to admit that my written Bahasa Malaysia is as bad my England. But just for the record, I did pass my Bahasa Malaysia in SPM and managed a Grade 1. Most students didn't do so well to get at least secure a C6 (credit). A P7 or P8 is gonna cost you your Grade 1 even with straight As in the other 8 or 9 or 10 subjects. Anyway, that was just one of the pre-requisites during my SPM days. Let's leave this SPM thingy for another day.

I remember when I was a kid, I would try to get up early just to see the Merdeka parade in Dataran Merdeka broadcasted live from RTM. This is probably the most patrotic act a kid can do! Lol!

Now as a 20-something year old dude, apart from the stories which I heard from my parents, school teachers and some tv and print advertisements and reports, I have to say that is about all I know about the spirit of Merdeka. There is simply much more than being independence from the British rule.

I think come 31st August probably all school going kids even some adults are only looking forward to the additional one day holiday!

4 Comments:

Blogger SK said...

KS,

I sent you an email at kuiseong at yahoo dot com.

Cheers.

6:23 PM  
Blogger thquah said...

so are you going to do the BM post, I will be waiting to read it.

9:52 PM  
Blogger 5xmom.com said...

Celaka, kenapa engkau perli saya? Saya dapat P7 dan kena Grade 2 tau kah? Semasa peperiksaan percubaan, saya dapat A2 tapi manyak suey, cibai tak tau kena apa dapat P7 semasa SPM. Ambik July paper kena P8. Pukimak. LOL? Apamaciam, saya boleh berbelog dalam Bahasa Malaysia tak?

11:53 PM  
Blogger lynnee said...

lilian punya kes terbalik. saya punya percubaan, itu bm paper tadak pass.

spm sebenar, dapat A2 worr... bangga.....

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home