Wednesday, February 23, 2005

National Highway Safety

Recently, I have been experiencing near miss car accidents especially during the last 2 festive seasons ie. Hari Raya and Chinese New Year. Ever since I received my driving licence many years ago, these near miss accidents have always been a function of the human factor.

Fortunately, the National Highway Safety Council has come up with an ingenius way to reduce if not eliminate such problem.

In the past few months, the council carried out extensive brainstorming, designing and had tested a newly designed seat belt which hopefully will one day make the highways and byways in our country safer for all road users. The outcome had been positive so far. Results have shown that accidents can be reduced by as much as 45% when the belt is properly installed. Correct installation is illustrated below...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Ladies, hold your horses before you start barking at the wrong tree to give me a piece of your mind. This post is not sexist. It is not in any way whatsoever intended to discriminate against women drivers. There are obviously many careful and more skillful than me women drivers out there on the roads especially those driving mercs, beemers, lexus... The passenger in the cartoon just so happens to be a woman. If in any case it makes you feel better, imagine if the woman is the driver, then the passenger with the special belt on will be the gender from the opposite sex.

6 Comments:

Blogger Papi said...

normally I drove Mami around. And sometime, she gives me surprises.

"WATCH OUT!!" The car 50 meters in front braked.

"LOOK OUT!!!" A pedestrian was crossing the street on the other side.

"SPEED TRAP!!!!!" I was doing 100 on the highway.

12:27 PM  
Blogger KEF said...

KS, I think those kinda alert used moderately is good...

Like yestesday, this super dark foreign labourer was on his bicycle, not exactly of those mountain bike range with reflectors and etc. Kinda remind me of the bicycle my late paternal grandpa used to take me to the market when I was 5 years old.

Oh, I got sidetracked, right, the super dark chap on a black bicycle, I nearly hit him because he came cycling out of the un-lighted zone to the very badly lighted (is that how it's spelt?) junction.

Thank God my friend saw that guy and shrieked "Eeee, apa tu?"

:) :) Hahhheheahahha ahahahahah hahah I thought it was a ghost so I stopped scan :)

1:25 PM  
Blogger letti said...

interesting concept..i guess it should work when i'm driving and david is jabbering away.

5:00 PM  
Blogger 5xmom.com said...

Hahaha, why so sked, have to put disclaimer? Let it flame la, baru chiqik mah? If you think that is bad, wait till you drive me. I step on imaginary brakes. hohoho, my girlfriend who is in sales (drive a lot) told me she is going to kick me out of her car. I think in my past life, I was a driving instructor, you know, they have a brake on the passenger side?

7:00 PM  
Blogger Papi said...

Mami stepped on immaginary brakes too. Hard!! I can hear "Thud! .... Thud!" ha ha ha..

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol funny stuff, of course in my mind the image did change as im always the driver .

Now you might just have post a funny once a week :)
cheers have a gr8 wkend tcz

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home