Monday, June 20, 2005

The Bank for all Malaysians... yea right!

The website says "What's our secret? Experience what Bumiputra-Commerce can do for you." With the tagline "The Bank for all Malaysians", my ass!

This bank goes all the way out to send me 2 credit cards (Master and Visa) with pretty high credit limit. Wow! It's amazing how BC can process my credit card applications when I didn't even apply for any cards from them in the first place.

So I thought, maybe the cards are free coz I have taken a housing loan from them. Okay, nevermind. I will just keep the cards and see if they charge me after one year.

Fast forward to now, one year later. Wtf! They sent a statement to me asking to pay for the annual fee for these 2 cards I didn't apply. Ish! What kind of bank is this?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Money-minded banking
Get used to it.

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiyah, it is like this. You don't want, you should have called to cancel the card.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Papi said...

I m pretty sure it's stated somewhere in your agreement when u took up the loan. Better check first.

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

trying out the OTHER identity.i never realised blogger have this till a minute ago! i thought got anonymous niaaa.

btw congrats on the post graduate degree (whatever that is).hahaha.
izit a Master? coz post graduate.so Master la rite? Master/degree on what?

1:07 AM  
Blogger Gene Lim said...

Yaiks! Hmm all they want is to take more money from u!
Every banks does that!

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybank did the same thing to me. They sent me a gold card with RM20K credit limit. I told them i did not apply for this card and if they want to charge annual fees, they better take back the card coz i don't need it. The girl told me that maybe before the expiry day, i should call the bank and told them unless the bank can waive the annual fees, then only i will continue using the card. If not, bye-bye. So far, i have yet to pay any annual fees but then i am going to wait until end of the year to call the bank and check my "waive annual fees" status.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home