Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Rockwills or Webwill?

I read this piece from RB and that got me thinking. Can bloggers write their own will online? Is it necessary for bloggers to see a professional will writer? Sheesh... why not just do it yourself on your blog? Here's mine...

Last Will of KS Tang

I, KS Tang, of Penang, Malaysia, revoke all my former Wills and Codicils and declare this entry in my blog dated 19th October 2005 to be my Last Will and Testament.

I. BURIAL INSTRUCTIONS, PAYMENT OF EXPENSES

A. My instructions are that my body be cremated and the ashes be uploaded into a new entry in my blog 5 days after my passing. A photo of my body to be taken before the cremation and displayed prominently at the header of this blog. That post will be a sticky post. Arr...nevermind, sticky or not it does not matter anymore as there will be no more post from me after that.

B. I request Michael Ooi of Heavenly's blog to present my eulogy at my funeral.

C. I direct that my just debts, funeral expenses and expenses of last illness be first paid from my estate in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The proceeds of the sale of my said estate will settle these and all other debts.

II. DISPOSITION OF PROPERTY

A. It is my intention to pass the proceeds of my entire estate to the following person(s) or entity. If the person to whom I have left a Specific Bequest does not survive me, then I leave any items I have designated for them to the Residue of my estate.

I give the entire residue of my estate to the Hair for Hospice Charity Campaign. I direct that the residue of my estate shall be added to, administered, and distributed as part of that campaign, according to the terms of the campaign and any amendments made to it before my death.

B. If all of the above person(s) or organization(s) do not survive me, my estate shall be distributed to my heirs at law as determined by the laws of Malaysia on the date of my death.

III. APPOINTMENTS AND POWERS

I nominate Lilian Chan and Tay Ee Yean, as the Co-Executors, to serve without bond. If such person or entity does not serve for any reason, I nominate Peter Tan Hua Choon, to be the Executor, to serve without bond.

IV. GENERAL

A. My Executor(s), in addition to other powers and discretions granted by law, including all powers granted under the Independent Administration of Estates Act, shall have the power to: (A) sell estate assets at public or private sale, for cash or on credit terms, (B) lease estate assets without restriction as to duration, and (C) invest any surplus moneys of the estate in real or personal property, as the executor deems advisable.

B. The Executor shall have the power to sell any asset or lease any asset, with or without notice, at either public or private sale.

V. MISCELLANEOUS

A. I was previously married to KEF =)

B. I am intentionally omitting from this Will my sister Xia Xue.

I sign my name to this Will on 19th October 2005 in Penang, Malaysia.

KS Tang

P/S: All of you can be my witness!

10 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hoi

my name also tak tahu spell and u want me to be the co-executor??

ptuii!

i wanna be the beneficiary la,tak mahu jadi co-executor!

12:31 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

What??? I am only the stand-in executor for your estate?

12:32 AM  
Blogger KEF said...

KS, I'm mentioned in the will.

Does this mean that if I survive Peter, I get everything? Or When Peter's dead, who will execute the will? Jialart... You have to write a better will! And this time, assign 50% of your inheritence.

Mari sini or I'll hentam you!

Wei, funny mannnn!

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahah !! woi !! gimme money better lar ... (or your apartment...)

10:36 AM  
Blogger 5xmom.com said...

What is an executor? Is it I sikalang go chop off your head to make this comes true?

2:37 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

EF,
We shall see who outlive who...

11:00 PM  
Blogger KEF said...

Peter, owh! That statement didn't mean to upset you.

Sorry, if it DIDDDDDDDD! SO so so so so sorry!

:) I didn't mean to curse you :D But of course, you know I love you :P

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about Sapiensbryan? Isn't he aslo your gang? The gang of LC, TEY, PTHC. You all click together one.

6:43 PM  
Blogger ks said...

Anonymous - your comment is irrelevant!

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home