Saturday, February 05, 2005

African Scams

After receiving 2 emails from some Africans in the past few days and a comment made by an anonymous on 419 scam, I decided to put in a short entry about it.

This is the email I received recently from an African scam artist or con artist, whatever you wanna call it. What a load of crap...%$^#%!

====Quote====
FROM JERRY CHUCKS
JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA.
TELEPHONE+27=83 714 3934.
E-MAIL:jerrychucks11@yahoo.com

ATTN:Kui

PROPOSAL FOR URGENT BUSINESS ASSISTANCE.

My name is ,MR.JERRY CHUCKS the elder son of Mr.DAVID CHUCKS of Zimbabwe. This might be a surprise to you about where I got your contact address. I got your address from the South African Chamber of Commerce in Johannesburg,South Africa. During the current war against the farmers in Zimbabwe from the supports of our President Robert Mugabe to claim all the white-owned farms to his party members and his followers, he ordered all white farmers to surrender all farms to his party embers and his followers.

My father is One of the best farmers in our country and because he did not support Mugabes supports invaded my fathers farm and burnt everything in the farm,killing my father and made away with a lot of items in my fathers farm. Before his death,my father had deposited with the Security Company in Johannesburg,South Africa the sum of US$20 MILLION(TWENTY MILLION UNITED TATES DOLLARS).After the death of my father, we decided to move to the Republic of South Africa where he had deposited the money in the Security Company as valuables. So I decided to contact overseas firm and companies that will assist me to move this money out of south Africa because as asylum seekers we are not allowed to operate any Bank Account within South Africa.We have agreed to offer you 25% of the total sum for your assistance,5% will be mapped out for any expenses that may be incurred in the course of this transaction while 70% will be for me and my family to invest in your country.

All I want you to do is to furnish me with your entire personal phone and fax numbers for easy communication.You can contact me on the above Telephone and this E-mail Address jerrychucks11@yahoo.com Note that this transaction is 100% Risk free and absolutely confidential.

Thanks and God bless.
Best Regards

MR JERRY CHUCKS
====Unquote====

Here are some links related to African scams. Some people have corresponded to these scam mails and have kept these funny mails to share.

African scams - list a collection of African scam emails.

Scam o Rama - Find all types of scam emails here.

Nigerian scam 419 correspondence - the title says it all.

University of Nigeria - Check out the courses this university is offering.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From :Anonymous 2
KS I was "almost" con by those black ASS-holes
BUT I not only BRUSH them off.
BUT alos give them my two "FINGERS"while on holiday one morning on the street in Penang.

3:05 PM  
Blogger sweetspirits said...

kstang
I've had a lot of them tsk tsk ,, what to say ,,bounce it hehe..I do and it seems to work.
cheers

9:18 PM  
Blogger lucia said...

ya, like many others, i received lots of these african scams too. as i used 'spam combat' mail to check my mail first, usually these scams mails were automatically detected as scams and i just clicked to thrash them.

another kind of scams i received. oh well... not really scams but some promo maybe, are those like from the lottery website saying i won RM100,00 or a million dollars and all that stuff, but when you read further, they mean you won the RM100,00 of chips to play the lotto.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Papi said...

these have been around for quite some time, and have been highlighted many times in the media, on the net, and emails. But still people are falling for it. Greedy lor..

Happy New Year and Gong Xi Fa Cai!!

4:56 PM  
Blogger ks said...

Anon #2 - There used to be alot of Africans lurking in Penang especially around Georgetown area trying to con people. I think now visa is required for them to enter Malaysia.

Sweetspirit & Lucia - They still keep coming back...
like ping pong balls!

Papi - Keong Hee Huat Chai!

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home