Saturday, March 05, 2005

Introducing Mrs Joy Bongo

The following email is a scam which was mass mailed and I was one of the addresses in the email list. It came from one Mrs Joy Bongo. Cut the long story short. Here's the email and my reply.

=======================Quote=======================
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 03:35:52 +1100 (EST)
From: "mrsjoy bongo" Add to Address Book
Subject: FUND TRANSFER AND JOINT INVESTMENTS!!!!
To: mrsjoybongo2@yahoo.com.au

TEL:27-83-9931-302.
FAX:27-11643-4108.
ATTENTION:DEAR

( ASSISTANCE BUSINESS PROPOSAL)
I got your good contact from the world business enquiry in South African INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL, and I sincerely believe that you are reliable in handling this urgent and international transaction of this sort.I am MRS JOY BONGO, the wife of COL.JAMES BONGO, the chief of army staff and one of the bodyguards of this Excellency General Laurent Kabila, the President of the Democratic republic of Congo (DRC) who was short dead alongside by a co-body guard COL Eny-Kupen on the 16 January 2001 as a result of political conflict and disorder between the generals in the presidential villa.

i am currently based in south africa, Before my husband died in Exchange of guns shorts, I know quite well he deposited the sum of US$27.8M(TWENTY SEVEN MILLION EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND) United State Dollars) in a private security firm in south Africa for an investment after retirement in United Kingdom but due to opposition of my late husband, i decided to tranfer the fund for an investment.

However, this proposal is to inform you that I would like to transfer this money into your account overseas or into an offshore account within the shortest time. It is in the light of this, that I took my time to arrange for a confidential and trustworthy individual who will assist me in transferring this fund by coming to south Africa to open a non-resident account, so that we can move out this fund out of
South Africa for security reasons and this will be made possible with the help of my late husband attorney and his friend, the bank manager supervising the transaction. I have intact all the necessary documents covering the business.

Note: This transaction demands the highest degree of trust and secret between us as I have these two options for your assistance towards the transaction.

(a)In appreciation of your effort I have mapped out the sharing of the fund as follows; 70% for me 25% for your efforts,5% for all the expenses incurred in the transaction .

(b)You can as well agree with me to join business of your choice with me in your country.

remember that this business transaction demands all sounds of screcy and confidentiality.Please try and give me your telephone and fax numbers for easier communication,and more details.

Thanks
Yours sincerely
MRS JOY BONGO
=======================UnQuote=======================


And my reply to her was....

=======================Quote=======================
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 09:12:20 -0800 (PST)
From: "KS" Add to Address Book
Subject: Re: FUND TRANSFER AND JOINT INVESTMENTS!!!!
To: "mrsjoy bongo"

Hello Mrs Joy Bongo,

I hope this letter meets you in great health.

I have read your email and I would like to assist you with this transaction. Your story brought tears to my eyes in a manner that I hadn't seen since I lost my virginity in November many years ago.

Unfortunately, I am unable to contact you by phone or fax since my government is monitoring every incoming and out going calls to other countries especially those from Africa and the middle east countries due to anti-terror regulation in my country.

Therefore, we should continue to communicate by email only to avoid any detection by my government. I trust that should be acceptable to you.

Please tell me everything that needs to be done.

Thank you,
KS
=======================UnQuote=======================

3 Comments:

Blogger Joez said...

"Your story brought tears to my eyes in a manner that I hadn't seen since I lost my virginity in November many years ago."

KS...20 years ago is it? Hehehe...Nov...what occasion I wonder...hmmm ;)

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoah, you love teasing the scam guys huh? :D

3:10 PM  
Blogger ks said...

joez - how do u know 20 years ago? lol!

jinny - it's getting pretty exciting. I am going to Johannesburg wor! Lol!

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home