Sunday, March 06, 2005

Stupid sub-titles

I was watching a talk show on Star TV in Astro just awhile ago. The talk show was Parkinson, a recent addition to Astro's programming in channel 70. The host was talking to 3 guys. 1st guy is Jeremy Clarkson, probably the luckiest man on earth. He is the host of BBC's Top Gear, the show which kinda review new cars. 2nd guy is a comedian and the 3rd guy is Donny Osmond.

Anyway, they were talking about how the fans in America are louder than the British fans. Then the Top Gear host said "I have no fans".

Guess what the Malay sub-title showed?
Answer: I tak ada kipas

Another time, I heard over the radio on mix.fm's Breakfast Show hosted by Shazmin and Richard. They were talking to listeners about dumb sub-titles. One guy called and told them he saw a movie in the cinema and the line was something like "My lips are sealed".

Can you guess again what the Malay sub-title read?
Answer: Bibir saya anjing laut

4 Comments:

Blogger letti said...

a couple that i can remember from when i was young and cracked me up were:

1. You son of a gun
Kamu anak pistol

2. Oh, you spoil her too much
Kamu telah merosakkannya keterlaluan

6:31 AM  
Blogger Joez said...

Hmmm...let's see..

"I have no fans".
Saya tidak mempunyai kipas.

"My lips are sealed"
Bibirku terlekat/terjahit.

Hahaha...!!

7:41 PM  
Blogger 5xmom.com said...

Saya tak ada kipas

Mulut saya dilekat

8:33 PM  
Blogger ks said...

Dr Letti - Haha.... anak pistol. That's a good one!

Joez & Lilian - 1st one correct. 2nd one wrong.

"My lips are sealed" after translation becomes "Bibir saya anjing laut"

Lol!!!! Sealed ... seal ... anjing laut! Bwahahahaha!

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home