Saturday, November 05, 2005

Mr Loh vs Mr Goh...

... or Fettes Park versus Chulia Street. Fettes Park Chicken or Chulia Street Chicken? Which is better?

I went for lunch at the late Mr Goh Thew Chik's fames chicken rice cafe in Chulia Street opposite the Fuji photoshop near love lane this afternoon. This is another fames chicken rice shop in Penang apart from the overly publicised Fatty Loh. Needless to say, in Penang, we have soooooo many other kinds of good hawker food like Char Koay Teow (Sisters vs Lorong Selamat), Curry Mee (Sg Pinang) and .... others.

So back to Mr Loh vs Mr Goh. Whose chicken rice do you prefer? Of cos it's all individual preference and taste. I just want to hear what's your preference.

3 Comments:

Blogger 5xmom.com said...

Both also I dun like. Fatty Loh is like dead-dead taste and Mr Goh is too dry. My fav for pek cham keh is the one in Sri Bahari Road junction with Penang Road. My fav. seou keh is at Burmah Road, near to Polycafe. Got best mya kiam chye tau hoo th'ng. I blogged about them in Penangfaces, I think.

Why so interested to find keh hor?

11:29 PM  
Blogger Ping-Ping said...

Coming from Batu Feringghi, I think Mr. Loh's is better but I haven't really tried Mr. Goh because everytime we get down there, only left the 'chun tau, chun boey' for us.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Finding Me said...

hmm.. although i used to be from Tanjung Tokong area... my dad always prefer the Chulia St one... taste better...actually we once saw that fatty loh start to roast and boil the chicken very early in the morning like 3 am... so by the time you eat for lunch not so fresh leh... and some more.. got once we buy and by 3 pm or so... sudah basi... i still prefer the chulia street one... i believe the fatty loh one.. not so nice.. and oso ... I think it is over rated.. chicken rice must always have good chicken oily rice and not white rice... as for the kiam chye well.. it is later addition one... tradionally dun have one.. I am a sucker for all things original and traditional.. :)

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home