Sunday, March 27, 2005

Mrs Joy Bongo - take 4

It's been awhile since my last post on my African scams friends. There are at least 2 friends I am still keeping in touch and one of them is Mrs Joy Bongo.

Cut the story short, I have "applied" for a visa to visit South Africa and have also "booked" my return flight tickets to Johannesburg. Do I really need a visa to South Africa??? Anyway, here are the emails that transpired between the two of us....

=======================Quote=======================
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:04:01 +1100 (EST)
From: "mrsjoy bongo" Add to Address Book
Subject: when are you coming?
To: ks

Dear Mr Kia Su,

I have not heard from you concerning your travel information.

Have you bought your ticket and when are you coming.

Please let me know.

Waiting to hearing from you,

Joy Bongo
=======================UnQuote=======================


I waited for a few days before I send my reply.

=======================Quote=======================
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 05:06:06 -0800 (PST)
From: "KS" Add to Address Book
Subject: Re: when are you coming?
To: "mrsjoy bongo"

Dear Mrs Joy Bongo

I just received my booking confirmation. I have book
my flights to Johannesburg.

Here is my flight details...

31 March
Arrive Johannesburg by SQ478 at 7:00am from Singapore

5 April
Depart Johannesburg by SQ479 at 2:40pm to Singapore

I hope this date is convenient to you.

Would you kindly revise my hotel booking according to the above. Pls cfm.

Thank you,
Kia Su
=======================UnQuote=======================


Her reply came one day later requesting me to bring USD7,500.00. Do you think someone will actually be waiting for me upon my arrival in Johannesburg?

=======================Quote=======================
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 21:13:57 +1100 (EST)
From: "mrsjoy bongo" Add to Address Book
Subject: everything is ok
To: ks

Dear Kia Su,

Your travel information is noted.

Hotel Rebooking will be done to reflect your arrival and departure dates.

Another thing very important,I hope you would bring along the US$7,500 needed to settle the debt at the security company as this is very important.I would also want to know what color of dress you would wear so as to enable me or any body who fetch you identify you easliy on arrival.Remember also you would open a non-resident account in one of the bank in which the funds-$27.8Million will be deposited upon its claim from the security company,that is after settling the debt.

After depositing the funds,it will immediately follow the transfer to your Malaysian account.

My attorney has concluded all necessary arrangments inorder to ensure a smooth and ordely conclusion of the transfer on your arrival.

Everything is in good shape as we look forward to seeing each other.

Sincerely and looking forward to receiving your reply.

Joy Bongo
=======================UnQuote=======================


Hmmm... thinking of spilling the beans on April 1st 2005 and lead Mrs Joy Bongo to this blog.

=======================Quote=======================
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 22:09:58 -0800 (PST)
From: "KS" Add to Address Book
Subject: Re: everything is ok
To: "mrsjoy bongo"

Dear Mrs Joy Bongo

I am happy to receive your email and am sorry for the late reply. I was busy with my other engagements. Hope u understand. Right now, I am preparing for my visit to South Africa and to settle this transaction with you.

Tomorrow, on Monday, I go to a money changer to exchange for USD7,500 and will bring this money to South Africa.

I understand that I need to open a non-resident account with a bank in South Africa in order for the transfer to take place. Could you check and let me know what documents I need to carry with me to open this account? Can I transfer the money from this non-resident account to my own account in Malaysia after I get the money?

I will most probably be wearing a White Shirt with black pants. Will re-confirm this again before I leave next week.

Let me know who will be meeting me at the airport? Will you be there? I really hope you can be there to meet me in person at the airport.

Thanks,
Kia Su
=======================UnQuote=======================


This is not related. How embarassing can it gets when one cannot remember the words to his/her own national anthem in front of thousands of people in an NBA game? Don't laugh. Can you remember the words to Negaraku?

Meanwhile, Happy Easter to everybody reading.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy easter Kstang

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me thinks you should not lead her to your blog. Just wait till the day that you are supposed to arrive at the airport and continue from there. See whether she would email you again after failing to 'meet' you

9:05 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

KS, what were you doing at the Monday school assemblies when we raised the flag and sang Negaraku?

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home