Saturday, March 12, 2005

Shopping for clothes

Today I did something which I have probably not done in one... no, make that 2 years. I have not bought any clothes for more than 2 years. I couldn't remember when was the last time I went out shopping for clothes. I work in a fashion related industry and yet I seldom buy new clothes. Isn't it ironic? Maybe it's a guy thing, you know. I don't like shopping and am not so fashionastic fanatic about getting myself the latest Paris, Milan or New York's Spring/Summer 2005 clothes collection. However, I do know the latest colors and trends in the casual wear/office wear scene.

I have been to a couple of fashion shows and exhibitions in Paris and Shanghai in the past 3 years coz it's part of my job. One such exhibition which just ended today in Paris is the Première Vision, probably one of the most famous fashion and trend exhibition in the world.

Anyway, back to the topic. I was out shopping for a shirt and a pair of pants this afternoon after work in Gurney Plaza. Was browsing in a couple of places like Parkson, Reject Shop and Factory Outlet but I finally ended up in G2000 and got myself a cotton rich yarn dye end-on-end shirt and 2 pairs of 65% polyester, 33% rayon and 2% LYCRA® pants.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

These 3 items burnt a hole in my wallet.

1 piece of e-o-e shirt RM75.00
1 pair of contemporary pants (w/ pleats) RM129.00
1 pair of regular pants RM129.00

I guess I won't be shopping for dress shirt clothes again anytime soon.

10 Comments:

Blogger Joez said...

Men's pants damn expensive hor. Actually men's clothes/shoes are more expensive than women's. Hahaha, sudah koyak la...like me, one month cannot shop liao :P
But that shirt nice la. Good choice.

8:54 PM  
Blogger KEF said...

The blue shirt will surely make you more yummy!

9:30 PM  
Blogger ks said...

Joez - I wanted to get a pair of shoe as well but can't find a pair that I like. Those good looking ones cost above RM200. Will go hunting for shoe next.

Only shirt nice kah? Pants not nice ah? Oppps... cannot see clearly oso!

Ee Fei - I bet all the girls and also boys will want a piece of me in that sky blue shirt!

11:46 PM  
Blogger Joez said...

Ya la, yr pants...dark colour, cannot see la...why dun u wear and take a pix with yr new clothes on ;)

12:31 AM  
Blogger KEF said...

I second joez's motion.

Did I tell you I thought you are a female for the past 2 months (more or less) until tonight?

Uhh, I think I didn't pay attention to the sidebar.

Are you gay too? *winks*

1:11 AM  
Blogger letti said...

ah..i love Reject Shop...

1:56 AM  
Blogger Ping-Ping said...

wow..that is sure an expensive amount for clothes. Is it made in M'sia? :P Juz kidding!

8:43 AM  
Blogger ks said...

Ee Fei - Yes, I figured that out after u commented "You go girl!" or something like that. I am more gay than a gay could be. lol!

Maria - I agree and I'll be out of job in no time if everyone is like me.

Hush4m3 - It is expensive and most of the shirts sold here are made in China. Clothes from Malaysia are mostly exported to US and Europe.

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice :)

9:49 PM  
Blogger KEF said...

I'm nicking your bandwith on PB for two of your photos.

Will link it back to my PB the first moment available!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home