Sunday, March 27, 2005

NKOTB

If you have no freaking clue what the title is, then there could be 3 possibilities...

1) you were born in the late 80's or early 90's or
2) you have experienced mid life crisis and lived way passed half your life span or
3) you don't listen to the radio

But I am pretty sure all of you reading this have heard of New Kids On The Block. Is it all coming back to you now?

This group was probably on the the first boy bands started in the mid 80's. NKOTB was made up of 5 gays guys with puny hair styles ie. Joey, Danny, Jon, Jordan and Donnie. Wow, am I gay like them or what? I couldn't believe I can still remember all their names after so long.

They were in every girls' dream. Every girl in CLS would have at least one of their albums. That's gives you an idea how popular they were back then. Their careers peaked in late 80's up to the early/mid 90's. They used to rule planet earth when I was still an innocent teenager religiously attending school.

After the NKOTB so many other boy bands joined in the bandwagon. There were 911, N'sync and BSB. And more recently, you have Westlife, Blue... what else you got? What am I ranting about? NKOTB? Boy bands? Yea, I cannot believe it myself. Sheeesh!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Jason Lioh said...

They even got a cartoon name after them. -.-"

By the way, I like BSB and Blue :P

10:47 PM  
Blogger 5xmom.com said...

KS - Aiyah, Penang people blog la about Ah Niu mah....Why lar NKOTB?

1:23 AM  
Blogger KEF said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:52 AM  
Blogger David Yoong said...

yeah, gone were the days eh? :P

7:10 PM  
Blogger Earthtone said...

er...even NKOTB too new for me...AHEM AHEM (hope no one heard wat I just said.) :P

Would have forgotten if you hadn't mention.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Ping-Ping said...

gosh! That was like sooo long ago. I remember having their posters up on my room and my cousins and me were 'kutuking' CLHS guys because they were listening to boring S'pore chinese songs instead of NKOTB. But now I can't help listening to the S'poreans (esp. Ou De Yang) since the boy bands are going down..boo!.

11:17 PM  
Blogger letti said...

i am sooo malu to say that their faces use to take up every inch of my bedroom wall when i was in school.

7:15 AM  
Blogger ahmoi said...

from no where i stumbled upon your blog and saw - NKOTB?!! Are you a guy?!! nevermind that.. still I freaked out!!! Why?! Becos I was.. ahem.. no I STILL AM a BIG BIG fan of NKOTB, back in those days and they'll always have a special place in my heart - forever! NKOTB 4'eva!

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home