Sunday, November 20, 2005

To resign or not to resign?

I was transferred out from department A to department B about 2 months ago. I have worked in department A since 2002 - about 4 years. Department A was newly set up when I joined. Like other jobs, there are ups and downs working in department A.

2 months ago, some dude from department B resigned and I was transferred to replace that dude. Management prerogative lah. Can't do anything even after I had rejected them 4 times. Now, everyone knows department B sucks so I decided to respond. Last week, I was offered a position with another company and subsequently I tendered my resignation end of last week.

Today, management requested me to withdraw my resignation and re-join department A. Should I follow their request or do I tell them to fwack off, I am leaving?

It's half past 3am now and I can't sleep thinking about this. Boss, if you are reading this by any chance, then you know I am seriously thinking about it. Kepala pusing!

6 Comments:

Blogger Wingz said...

I think by the end of the day its all depends on what you really want, the pay ? the satisfaction? or the enviroment ? If its the pay then resign lor ... If its the enviroment then withdraw ur resignation lor ... easy what ?

4:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

好汉不吃回头草 (good man does not eat the grass behind his head). If I were you, I will look forward to the new company. No regrets!

5:10 AM  
Blogger 5xmom.com said...

Need to use Penang Bridge anot? If not, cepat-cepat cabut. If you, you go ting-tong-tiang, all the best to you!

10:22 AM  
Blogger KEF said...

Are they counter offering?

:) Do you like your present job?

7:03 AM  
Blogger YeePei said...

Ultimately hor.. it's up to you. like Wingz and frostier said, it's about what you want in life lor. One offer may seem better than the other, but then there are other factors to consider... like opportunities? growth? familarity? working environment?

11:46 PM  
Blogger shawnchin said...

Depends on your company, but in general, it's usually not advisable to take up counter-offers once you've tendered your resignation.

Management marks you as with a "can-leave-anytime-one" risk. Odds are, they'll slowly start looking for someone who can replace you, and soon. you're off the hook. Or course, YMMV.

Whatever decision you make, good luck!

Cheers.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home