Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Arinus Bubu - revisit

Remember my African scammer friends. I blogged about a few of them sometime in March and April this year. Remember Mr Arinus Bubu?

While going thru some of my earlier emails, I noticed some mails from my African friends still lying in my inbox. I decided to see if one of them still reads his email. I shoot one mail to him. It reads...

=======================Quote=======================
From: KS
To: arinus bubu
Subject: Re: still waiting Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 07:51:45 -0800 (PST)

Dear Mr Bubu,
It's been a long time since my last message to u. Do u
still remember me?
If u do, pls reply.
Rgds,
Kia Su
=======================UnQuote=======================


His reply came about 10 hours later...

=======================Quote=======================
From: "arinus bubu"
To: ks
Subject: Re: still waiting
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 17:26:20 +0000

Hello Mr.Kia,

Thanks for your mail despite our long break in communications.Basically, I
am still interested in forging ahead with you as long as you are still
willing to assist me over this matter.

The main issue is that the consignment is busy accumulating more
charges which has to be paid unfailingly before the consignment be release.
Again, I still want you to reconfirm your phone number for me and tel;l
me about your capability of handling this matter this time around which
involved your coming to South Africa for this transaction.
Hope to hear from you.

Regards
Mr.Bubu
=======================UnQuote=======================


Wow! Looks like scamming is still his periuk nasi. Anybody care to suggest what you want me to reply.

If u think I have too much free time, then you r wrong. How long does it take u to type a short email? 3 minutes?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, scam-baiting is not a good idea. The fact that they are persistent indicates that a) the scam works and is lucrative enough, and b) there are a lot of stupid people out there.

Funny or sad?

11:45 PM  
Blogger KEF said...

Like someone I know says it best,

Internet, for stupid people, by stupid people.

No time to think about a reply.

Typing an email is fast so long as you know what you want to say.

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home